Latest News
Tuesday 29 September 2015

“I’m Super Honored To Record Wizkid’s Song’ – Drake Opens Up On Ojuelegba Remix


U.S hotshot rapper, Drake has kept mum for sometime since he surprisingly dropped the remix of Wizkid’s hit single ‘Ojuelegba‘ featuring Skepta on his OVO Sound Radio couple of months ago.

Drizzy opens up about the Inspiration behind his decision to record the song and what he thought all together about his Nigeria counterpart Wizkid.
In his latest feature in the 100th issue of FADER magazine,  when asked why he recorded the song with Skepta, if it was some attempt at “international outreach” and the desire to build audiences in foreign markets, Drake waved that notion away.
“I just did it because I was in the moment,” he said. “I wasn’t thinking like, ‘Oh man, I gotta get my brand up in Nigeria. Not to say that’s not important. I’m super-honored to be on that song.”
He also confirmed what was already public knowledge – Drizzy  revealed that he first heard the song through Skepta and that Ojuelegba was so ‘remarkable’ that he didn’t even have a choice but to do it.
“..to rap in a way he’s never rapped before, to the extent that it takes him a couple of bars to find the swing of the beat. As soon as he does find it (it happens right as he’s singing Pree me, dem a pree me, Jamaican patois for “they’re watching me”) his vocals and the music click into place, and suddenly the song sounds like it could be a stateside hit.”
Take a listen


Source: FADER
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments
Item Reviewed: “I’m Super Honored To Record Wizkid’s Song’ – Drake Opens Up On Ojuelegba Remix Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown