Latest News
Tuesday 8 September 2015

Carlo Ancelotti: "My bet on Cristiano for top scorer"




Carlo Ancelotti is Real Madrid through and through. The club left its mark on the Italian just as he did on them, especially on the dressing room. The players had his back until the very end. Most of them were sad to see him go, especially Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese was the player who pushed most to keep him at the club.



With the decision to sack him already made, a photo - Ronaldo with his arm around Carlo in the dressing room after the last game of the campaign - with the message "Great coach and amazing person. Hope we work together next season" was the star's personal protest and a demonstration of just how close they were.
With that in mind, it is only natural that Ancelotti - talking to China's Sina Sports - should have showed his support for the Portuguese star, who had his best season in front of goal under the Italian at Real Madrid. He also had kind words for his replacement in the Bernabéu dugout, Rafa Benítez.
Ancelotti is convinced that Cristiano will again outscore his rivals
"I have no doubt about Cristiano Ronaldo, despite him failing to find the net in Real Madrid's first two games of the season. I know Cristiano really well, and if I were a gambling man, I'd bet on him to be La Liga's top scorer this term. He notched up 61 goals under me last year. It was incredible. Only the greatest players in the history of the game can boast those kinds of stats. Spain is really lucky to have both Messi and him playing football there".
Too early to judge Benítez's new-look Real Madrid
"I know exactly what it's like to manage Real Madrid and I have the utmost respect for Benítez and wish him all the best. I think there's not enough evidence to go on to judge anything about the team just yet. I can comment on the incredible players he has, though, because I had the honour of coaching them and I know what they're capable of. Sergio Ramos and Cristiano Ronaldo are the foundations of that team and I wish them all the best this season".
Credit: Marca.com
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments
Item Reviewed: Carlo Ancelotti: "My bet on Cristiano for top scorer" Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown